"Elven Dragonfly" aerial dance or pole costume is inspired the Elven costumes and metal work from "Lord of the Rings". I used a variety of techniques to create the feeling of fine, gilded metal pieces. For the top piece I used a "reverse applique" technique to create the look of metal laying on top, like a piece or armor or jewelry. I also wanted to create something golden, organic, that feels like it's floating like fireflies!
The wings are metallic mesh and are airbrushed. They are detachable! Hooks and eyes are on the inside of the waist band so the costume is more versatile for a variety of aparatus. All trim is painted and patina'd for a weathered look.
Crown is extremely lightweight. It's made from gold lace and is wired for stability. Made with all the techniques from when I was a milliner for the opera. Horsehair braid bows inside for easy pinning.
This is one of my labors of love!
- Metallic gold stretch, crushed velvet. Fully lined top and bottom. Bottoms are gold mystique spandex with airbrushing. Sides are metallic mesh with opaque nude backing.
- Top is more of a "sports bra" or compression style top. Bottoms are high waisted, slightly high cut, and slightly cheeky.
- Lace sequin applique, Swarovski and crystal embellishments.
- Wings have hook and eye attachments hidden under waistband.
- Gold lace crown is wired with elastic back. Horsehair braid bows inside for pinning. Crystals throughout.
- Hand painted aged detailing.
XS/S- bust 31-36" waist 24-29" hip 31-37" girth 57"-60" (girth can be adjusted)
M- bust 34-39" waist 27-32" hip 34-40” girth 59-62" (girth can be adjusted)
- I ship all items through United States Postal Service First Class within 2-3 business days of purchase (domestic and international).
- Most international destinations can take from 7-14 business days to arrive (with the exception of Canada). All import taxes and duties are buyer's responsibility
- If you would like your item shipped through Fedex for expedited service please contact me for a shipping estimate.
- Special gift wrapping service is available. Please contact me for more details.
- I accept returns on unworn items.
- Please contact me as soon as you receive your item if you are unsatisfied.
- I do not offer alterations on ready to wear items, however, a simple alteration is easy and affordable by your local dry cleaner or seamstress.
- I do not accept returns on obviously worn items or if you contact me with fit issues well after the delivery date.
- If you have any questions about whether an item will fit you, please contact me and we can discuss it further before you purchase.
- You are responsible for return shipping costs.